daVinci Robotic Surgery
Surgical procedures have evolved over the past several decades, making them increasingly more efficient and ultimately allowing them to be used to treat a wide array of diseases and debilitating medical conditions. As with many of the hospitals within the Sunrise Healthcare network, MountainView Hospital of Las Vegas uses a number of innovative surgical techniques to treat many medical conditions and provide optimal patient care, including the daVinci robotic surgery program .
The daVinci Si HD Surgical System is the first of its kind in Southern Nevada, utilizing robotic technology to treat a number of conditions, including but not limited to prostate cancer, colon cancer, throat or esophageal cancer, and even gynecologic cancer. While MountainView Hospital offers cancer care services such as chemotherapy and radiation at our inpatient oncology unit, some individuals with cancer respond better to surgical intervention rather than traditional radiation or chemotherapy treatments.
The daVinci Si HD robotic surgery program, coupled with the skill and expertise of our board-certified physicians and highly trained nurses, allows our hospital to offer robotic surgery as an innovative approach to bariatric weight loss. In fact, MountainView Hospital has been named a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, demonstrating our commitment to optimal performance and the lowest risk for patient complications.
The daVinci Si HD robotic surgical system provides a number of benefits in addition to being used for many procedures, including:
- Decreased surgical and post-operative pain for patients
- Reduction of surgical blood loss
- Shorter recovery times for surgical patients, allowing for a faster return to normal daily activities
- Increased positive surgical and clinical results
Here at MountainView Hospital of Las Vegas , our robotic surgery program using daVinci Si HD technology provides our patients with the most advanced, efficient surgical methods available. Learn more about your daVinci robotic surgery options by calling us at (702) 255-5000.
- What Is the Function of EMS in Your Emergency Care?
- Understanding Pre-Diabetes
- New VP of Quality – Jan Olivas
- Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital Earn ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures’ Recognition from The Joint Commission
- MountainView Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program Receives Accreditation