The Robotic Surgery Program at MountainView Hospital of Las Vegas combines the expertise and skill of our physicians and staff members with the da Vinci® HD Surgical System. As the first of its kind in Southern Nevada, this advanced approach can be used to treat prostate, colon, gynecologic, and throat cancer.
We can also use robotic surgery as an approach to surgical weight loss . Robotic technology provides a number of benefits for patients, including less pain and blood loss, shorter recovery times, and better clinical outcomes. Check out this video for to see just how precise the da Vinci® HD Surgical system is as it peels the skin off of a grape!
Learn more about our robotic surgery program by contacting MountainView Hospital of Las Vegas at (702) 255-5000.
In this video by the National Stroke Association , you can learn how to use the Act F.A.S.T. method to determine if someone is experiencing a mini stroke. F.A.S.T. is an acronym that stands for:
Start by looking at the face, taking notice if one side droops lower than the other. The next step is to look at the arms to see if one drifts downwards when raised. You will also want to listen for any slurred speech. And remember, time is essential when dealing with a stroke or heart attack . Learn more in this full clip.
Would you like further information on the symptoms of a stroke or heart attack? Let our emergency medical staff members with MountainView Hospital of Las Vegas provide you with the stroke care services you need by calling (702) 255-5000.
What are you thankful for?
Individuals who are overweight or obese are at a greater risk for a number of health conditions, including certain cancers, heart disease, and diabetes. Many people attempt to lose excess weight through diet and exercise, but for some people, this may not be enough. Many individuals turn to one of the many options available through bariatric weight loss surgery .
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
The roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) procedure is one form of bariatric weight loss surgery. Performed laparoscopically, this procedure allows the surgeon to create a smaller stomach pouch to restrict food intake and increase the sense of fullness following smaller meals. This is done by rerouting food past the larger part of the stomach and the first part of the small intestine.
Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding
Also known as LAGB, the LAP-BAND system refers to an adjustable silicon band that is placed around the upper portion of the stomach using laparoscopic surgery. By creating a smaller stomach pouch that only holds small amounts of food, this procedure will make the patient feel fuller more quickly and help promote weight loss. In addition, the gastric band can be adjusted as needed for optimal results.
Another bariatric weight loss option is a sleeve gastrectomy . Sleeve gastrectomy is a restrictive procedure in which 2/3rds of the stomach is removed, leaving a long sleeve-like tube that restricts food intake. This procedure also allows for decreased appetite and quicker satiety to help patients feel full more quickly.
The Surgical Weight Loss Center at MountainView Hospital of Las Vegas provides a number of bariatric weight loss options to help individuals struggling with obesity. Named as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, our facility uses a rigorous survey and evaluation process to assess the level of care provided to each patient. Learn more about our devotion to our patients’ bariatric success by visiting our website or contacting us at (702) 255-5000.
If you are interested in more information on stuttering, physical therapy, sleep disorders, and more, then check out some of these great websites:
- Visit this link from the American Physical Therapy Association for more information on National Physical Therapy Month.
- Learn more about the causes of stuttering with this mayoclinic.com overview.
- At MedlinePlus, you can learn more about stuttering , including who it can affect and symptoms of this condition.
- Make sure you can recognize the symptoms of a stroke with this link to stroke.org .
- This article from sleepfoundation.org discusses some of the most common sleep disorders.
- MountainView Hospital’s daVinci robotic surgery can help a number of conditions. Find out more on our website .
- Find out how daVinci robotic surgery can benefit you by visiting this link from davincisurgery.com .
- MountainView Hospital offers the Total Joint Program . Learn about this multidisciplinary program on our website.
- Read about rehabilitation medicine in this article at the NIH Clinical Center .
- At diabetes.org, you can learn more about pre-diabetes , including ways to prevent pre-diabetes and treatment and care options if you develop pre-diabetes.
- Check out this link from the National Stuttering Association for more information on stuttering and how to help spread awareness.
- Find out what to expect from a total knee replacement with this link from the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons .
For more information about MountainView Hospital Las Vegas and our services, visit our website or contact at (702) 255-5000 today!
HCA interviews the flu. Check it out!
MountainView Hospital and Sunrise Hospital Stroke Programs Earn Target Stroke Honor Roll from the American Stroke Association!
Many patients who diagnosed with pre-diabetes often brush the diagnosis and assume the issue will go away on its own. In reality, a person diagnosed with pre-diabetes is predisposed to developing diabetes unless they make an active change in their lifestyle to reduce elevated blood glucose levels.
In this video , we take a closer look at pre-diabetes. A pre-diabetes diagnosis often occurs when the amount of sugar in the blood, or blood glucose level, is higher than normal, but not yet high enough to constitute a type II diabetes diagnosis. While patients may feel fine, long-term damage to the heart and other organs may have already begun. Learn more about the risks of pre-diabetes by watching the full clip.
- Assessing the Severity of a Skin Rash
- Coping with Medical Emergencies During Pregnancy
- The Hospitals of Sunrise Health Offer Online Pre-Registration for Patients
- International Stuttering Awareness Day – Oct. 22, 2011 | Learn More about Stuttering Causes and Care
- Surgical Weight-Loss | Take Control of Your Life