Survivor Interview – Shaylee Ward
Cardiovascular disease is defined as any medical condition that affects the functioning of the heart and its ability to pump blood to the rest of the body. Atherosclerosis, high blood pressure (hypertension), and cardiac arrhythmias are all included as types of heart disease. This video is an interview with Shaylee , a girl who lost her father to heart disease while she was in the second grade. Now, she spends time fundraising for the American Heart Association to help researchers find out more about the causes and possible treatments for these dangerous heart conditions.
If you are at risk for heart disease, consider consulting with the professionals at MountainView Hospital . Our experienced cardiac care team will help you to evaluate your risk factors and create a treatment plan designed for your unique needs. Call us at (702) 233-5300 to schedule an appointment.
- What Is the Function of EMS in Your Emergency Care?
- Understanding Pre-Diabetes
- New VP of Quality – Jan Olivas
- Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital Earn ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures’ Recognition from The Joint Commission
- MountainView Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program Receives Accreditation