Learn More About Staying Healthy and Understanding Your Risk Factors
Are you at risk for heart disease or stroke? You can find out more about this and our other recent topics by clicking through the helpful links below. If you have any remaining questions, do not hesitate to call the friendly staff of MountainView Hospital at (702) 233-5300.
- This article from the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery outlines the many potential benefits of weight loss surgery.
- Read about some ways to lose weight and stick to a diet plan on FamilyDoctor.org.
- The National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse (NDIC) provides national statistics on diabetes in adults and children.
- Have you been recently diagnosed with diabetes? Learn more about the basics of the disease and how to manage it effectively from the American Diabetes Association .
- Visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website to find out more about healthy food choices for those with diabetes.
- The American Heart Association lists the many types of cardiovascular disease on their website and provides ample information on each.
- This article from WomensHealth.gov answers some frequently asked questions about healthy eating for those at risk for heart disease.
- Atrial fibrillation , also called afib, is an abnormal heart rhythm that can increase a person’s risk of stroke. Read more about afib in this article found on the Heart Rhythm Society’s website.
- Robotic surgical systems can be used in a wide variety of procedures, including these surgeries listed on the da Vinci Surgery website.
- This article from Brown University School of Medicine provides an overview of the benefits and capabilities of robotic surgical systems.