The Basics on Gestational Diabetes
Gestational diabetes is a condition that many women encounter during pregnancy. It is a temporary condition, but it can be a serious concern for women who are expecting.
As this video explains, gestational diabetes is caused by the hormonal fluctuations of pregnancy, because hormones produced in the placenta can block insulin receptors. Working closely with your doctor to plan meals and improve your nutrition will help to manage gestational diabetes and ensure the health of your baby.
When you are pregnant, get all the health information and prenatal care you need at MountainView Hospital in Las Vegas. Contact us to reserve a spot in our health education classes or tour our Women’s Center by calling (702) 233-5474 or visiting our website.
- What Is the Function of EMS in Your Emergency Care?
- Understanding Pre-Diabetes
- New VP of Quality – Jan Olivas
- Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital Earn ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures’ Recognition from The Joint Commission
- MountainView Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program Receives Accreditation