Nutrient Spotlight: Folic Acid
Folic acid is a primary ingredient in prenatal vitamins. This essential nutrient promotes optimal health in developing infants. Aside from preventing major birth defects, folic acid has a number of other health benefits that all adults should consider. Folic acid is a B vitamin that serves a critical role in cell production and regeneration. It can boost immune health and help improve recovery times following illnesses or injuries.
While folic acid can be found in dietary supplements, it is also abundant in several healthy foods that you might think about eating more often. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach and kale are great sources of folic acid that are low in calories and high in other valuable nutrients. Enriched grain products dried beans, and fruits are also natural sources of folic acid.
For a closer look at good habits for expecting moms and an ideal prenatal diet, visit MountainView Hospital online or at (702) 233-5474. Our private birthing suites and direct access to Sunrise Children’s Hospital can ensure a great start for your baby.
- What Is the Function of EMS in Your Emergency Care?
- Understanding Pre-Diabetes
- New VP of Quality – Jan Olivas
- Southern Hills Hospital and MountainView Hospital Earn ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures’ Recognition from The Joint Commission
- MountainView Hospital Internal Medicine Residency Program Receives Accreditation